Subject: Re: FLASH: Floating menus example?
From: Jefferis
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 20:17:45 GMT

Marc Hoffman, Poison Dart Frog Media

>This menu could certainly be done in Flash3 using movie clips. If you're
>handy with action scripting that would probably be an easier route to go.
>
>When a site works on refresh but not on first visit, it's usually a sign
>that a TellTarget is referring to something that hasn't loaded yet. This is
>a design issue: the designer should make sure the movie clip or frame
>that's being targeted is present before the TellTarget command is issued.
>In some cases it means hiding a button until that condition is met.
>
>Marc Hoffman

Marc, I thought that the way the submenu's resize dynamically as you
scroll over them had to be an Action script. They also seem to move in
response to your cursor [menus float from side to side like they are
tracking you - which has to be Flash 4 right?].

Do you think it is more than just a rollover effect on submenu buttons?
Or if so, it looks like a very complex rollover telling the other buttons
to scale down by percentage [as in a wave... rather than a set
percentage...]

Any idea how you would code something like that?

> http://www.deepend.co.uk

I know how to do submenu MC's but this one stumped me...

Jeff

Jefferis Peterson, Pres.
Web Design and Marketing
http://www.PetersonSales.net