Subject: Re: FLASH: Macromedia FAQ on Flash vs LiveMotion
From: Michael Penne
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 18:15:22 GMT

Seemed pretty 1-sided to me. No mention of the
advantages of LMs parametric timeline,
non-destructive editing, and precise (bezier
based) drawing tools. The real advantages as I
see it in LM are in animation, though still not
as cool as Mohos vector bones, being able to set
keyframes tracks for different members of an
object group in the main timeline is a huge
advantage for rapidly creating complex
animations.

Flash obvioulsy rules in programming, but I think
(from my brief observations of the beta) that LM
will rule in (non-programetric) animation.

Personally, I think the whole 'flashkiller' hype
and resulting backlash represented by this 'faq'
are pretty stupid. LM complements where Flash is
weak and vice versa, I think very few flash sales
will be lost to LM and vice versa, rather the
community of people producing swfs will grow,
growing sales for both Adobe and Macromedia (and
given M$' tepid support for swf, having Adobe
also in the swf arena will likely be beneficial
in getting Redmond to play nice;-)...

--- Jason Bouwmeester <jasonatintervisual [dot] com>
wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> Macromedia Europe has come out with an FAQ
> describing the differences
> between Flash 4 and Adobe's new LiveMotion... a
> little FYI... is an
> interesting short read, and after having looked
> at the Beta and the
> tutorials, this FAQ is pretty bang on.
>
> http://www.quotenow.co.uk/faq.pdf

=====