Subject: Re: FLASH: The real deal with fonts in flash??
From: BUSS0223
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 23:37:48 GMT

> you have to break apart the font if you don't want the font replaced w/ an
> alternative... If you don't break it apart, the end user needs to have
that
> font installed in order to view it.
>
> -brody

This isn't so. Flash exports the font outlines and makes them available no
matter what fonts are on the end user's machine. It's one of the major
advantages to using Flash, even in Flash 3 and everything. Breaking apart
fonts makes your file bigger. If you're using text fields (the kind users
can type information into) rather than just plain text, you need to
specifically tell flash to export the outlines, but even then you don't need
to break the text apart unless you want to distort it in some way (outline
it, pulling on letters, whatever.) I don't understand where this idea came
from...

<very confused>
Laura

Laura,
i just experienced this the other day. I was using a dingbat that i forgot
to breakapart. when i checked it on another computer it was replaced by a
text font. Is it different for dinbats?? If your theory about flash tracing
outlines of the fonts is true, any type of font should be okay(even
dinbats).. But that's not the case. Anybody else know..

-brody

flasher is generously supported by...