Subject: Re: FLASH: Dynamic inserting images from external source
From: Helen Triolo
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 12:39:04 GMT

Alternately, Dino also suggested that you could use Swift Generator
(http://www.swift-tools.com) to convert images to swf's in real time.
Swift Gen if free to use if you display their logo, and $100 otherwise.

Regards,
Helen

Matt Coyne wrote:

> maybe the answer to your prayers [and maybe the answer to your original post.
>
> all credit to dino...
>
> At 1:13 pm -0800 3/3/00, Dino Giacomazzi wrote:
> >From: "Dino Giacomazzi" <dinoatvirtualabandon [dot] com>
> >To: <flasheratchinwag [dot] com>
> >Subject: Re: FLASH: make flash read image from db
> >Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 13:13:59 -0800
> >Sender: owneratchinwag [dot] com
> >
> >> for a designer turned programmer [don't laugh] it still doesn't sound
> >easy.
> >
> >Matt,
> >
> >I read my post again and it is pretty vague...let me see if i can do
> >better...
> >
> >Here is step by step instructions on one possible scenario:
> >
> >Assuming you don't know perl and don't want to take the time to tinker with
> >swiftGen do the following.
> >
> >Assuming all your image files are the same size or similar in size and
> >shape...
> > 1. create a movie clip in your main movie
> > 2. draw a box in the movie clip
> > 3. size the box to match your image size
> > 4. Center the box to the movie clip (CTL-K, check align to page & center
> >Hor & Ver)
> > 5. Place an instance of your new MC in the main movie and name it (I call
> >the movie clip Images & name it Images also)
> >
> >Next you need to create a new movie that will hold all your images.
> >
> > 1. Create a new movie (I call it Image1.fla)
> > 2. Modify the movie and change the dimentions of the stage to match your
> >image size (the size of the "Image" Movie clip you made in your main movie)
> > 3. Next, Import all your graphics into this movie (CTL-R)
> > 4. Drag one of the images from the Library and center it on the stage
> > 5. Publish the movie
> > 6. Select File:Save As (CTL-SHIFT-S) and name the movie Image2.fla
> > 7. Delete the first image from the stage and drag another one from the
> >library and center it
> > 8. Repeat steps 5-7 for as many images you have
> >
> >You can also name these files anything you want if you choose to load their
> >location from a variable set in your database...see below...
> >
> >Now you should have a bunch of swf's named Image1.swf, Image2.swf, and so
> >on. Upload those Swf's to your server and put them in a place that is easy
> >to access.
> >I use a folder called "images" (believe it or not) in the same folder as my
> >main movie so i can path up to the files by simply typing
> >"images/Image1.swf"
> >
> >And now for the fun part...
> >
> >I have no idea how your movie is structured, so im just going to give a
> >simple example of one way to access these images...If you want me to be more
> >specific, email me and explain your situation or send me the FLA and i can
> >help you figure it out..
> >
> >so her it goes.
> >
> >In your main movie go to the location where you want the image to
> >load...lets assume you have a set of actions on the main timeline that pulls
> [...]

i-Technica: Innovative Internet Solutions (http://i-Technica.com)
designerati-technica [dot] com
301-424-6037

flasher is generously supported by...