Subject: Re: FLASH: Freeehand 8..01 and Flash 4
From: Paul Kilgour
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 17:58:30 GMT

> Hi, thanks for your response. However I am well aware of what file formats
> Flash 4 accepts, maybe I wasn't clear on what my question was. How can I
> avoid all of the useless symbols that accompany ai or swf files that I
> import into Flash? Is their a format that I can import into Flash that would
> not include all of these useless symbols? Is there a program that can clean
> up these useless symbols prior to importing the graphic into Flash?
>
> Thanks
> John

John,

I'm not clear on what you mean by 'useless symbols'?

When you export as a .swf from freehand, either Freehand or Flash (not sure
which) converts everything to a symbol. So each letter of any text, for
instance will be converted to a symbol (there will only be one instance of
an 'A', one of a 'G' etc.). All lines will become symbols etc. I doubt that
you're getting anything that shouldn't be there. Try doing a 'Delete Unused
Items' from the library drop down menu. If it doesn't select anything then
you haven't anything that shouldn't be there.

Go through those Freehand files and assess what you could be doing directly
in Flash instead.

Regards,

Paul.

flasher is generously supported by...