Subject: Re: FLASH: Problem with rotation and position algorithm
From: Cheri Harder
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 20:49:51 GMT

Hi, Eric

I think you could maybe use the GetTimer function combined with the speed of
rotation. You could GetTimer on the start of the rotation, get it again on
user click, subtract, and divide the difference by whatever it takes to move
one degree....

Or something along these lines????

~~~~Cheri Harder~~~~~
charderatawsolution [dot] com
Advantage Web Solution
www.awsolution.com

> Hi all,
> I am having a problem with rotating a movie clip and capturing its
> subsequent position. What I am trying to do is rotate a movie clip from 0
> to 270 degrees at a relatively quick rate, and then capture how far it has
> rotated when the user clicks a button. The problem is, I need the movie
> clip to move faster than is possible by rotating it 1 or 2 degrees at a
> time. I can get the desired rotation speed by using a controller movie
clip
> and rotating the movie clip 5 degrees each time the controller loops. The
> problem with this setup is that all of the rotation positions are now a
> multiple of 5, when I really need to capture the position between 0 and
270.
> Of course, I can capture a position between 0 and 270 when I rotate the
clip
> one degree at a time, but then the rotation is too slow. Does anyone know
> how I can speed up the animation and still be able to capture the values I
> need? What I would really prefer is to capture a floating value between 0
> and 270, but an integer will do.

flasher is generously supported by...