Subject: Re: FLASH: Help - two frames/two movies
From: Dale Lawrence
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 20:06:01 GMT

>The name of the top frame is Flash, the name of the bottom
>one is Content.
>
>The whole thing starts with the top frame just being empty,
>and the bottom one playing an intro splash swf. At the end
>of this swf is a Get URL to load an HTML page into the top
>frame with an embedded swf of the site navigation,
>window = flash.
>
>This works fine on a fast connection, but I have a sound loop
>in that top swf that really causes the load time to grind
>on a 56k modem, so I want the whole thing to pre-load -while-
>the opening splash animation is playing in Content, but not
>play the movie in Flash until the movie in Content is done.

This is just a guess, but maybe you could
set the top frame's scrolling to 'no' and
just line break down the page <br> and load
the movie below the viewable area... without
scrolling no one will be able to tell anything
is there at all. Then when it is time to see
the top movie, call up another page with the
movie in its correct location. Assuming caching
is on, it should pop right up.

To make sure it loads up after the content page
you could first put yet another blank page in the
top frame with an 'onload' time delay in the <body>
tag to then autoload the preloading page after
a set amount of time.

Dale

flasher is generously supported by...