Subject: Yo John Dowdell RE: FLASH: Fireworks to Flash (SOME THOUGHTS)
From: Lynn Fredricks
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 02:29:28 GMT

> No, facing it, it's trying to make sense of your posts that I find
> difficult. Online I'm more used to people who speak to the point and who
> don't contradict themselves. Your mileage may vary, though.

Speaking of words taken out of context, I saw my name injected in some of
those quotes (go back and look, I wont torture people here with more chinese
boxed quotes) and perhaps my questions were misinterpreted as someone elses,
but I know I have never responded after that original post (until now).

I really like Fireworks and I really like Flash. I already know that
Fireworks outputs to SWF and believe I stated so in my original post. My
understanding of SWF is that there is an added layer of complexity in
importing them into Flash -- I have experienced this so far only in
importing Swish animations into Flash as SWF.

Wouldnt it greatly enhance the the production of web graphics if files were
interchangable between macromedia products that are often used together in
the same process by the same people? Clearly this was on someone's mind with
the output to SWF in Fireworks, why not make things easier and allow export
as FLA?

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Proactive International, LLC

ph 503-520-0191
fx 503-643-9877

www.proactive-intl.com

International high-tech distribution, channel
and worldwide business development services

-Market Analysis
-Partner Selection
-Contract Negotiation
-Growth Management