Subject: Re: FLASH: livemotion?
From: Daniel Brown
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 05:50:01 +0100

> To: flasher-digestatchinwag [dot] com
> Subject: flasher-digest V1 #2730
>
> Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 01:05:46 -0500
> From: bhallatfigleaf [dot] com (Branden Hall)
> Subject: Re: FLASH: livemotion?
>
> Eh... not quite...
> First of all as best I can tell, Livemotions SWFs are always larger than
> Flash's, secondly, half the time you do an effect in LM it becomes a bitmap,
> thus yanking your filesize into the stratosphere...

I'm putting together a list of ways to avoid this which I will make
available to anyone that wants it. We tried to integrate raster and vector
creation but made it so easy, people stumble into it without meaning to.
Turning on active preview will tell you total file size in real time along
with the size and format of the object you have selected.

> Also it doesn't ever
> tell you the actual names of your MCs so that you could later script them
> with Javascript,
> it does not seem to support MP3 compression of music, and
> there is no real way to optimize your movies like Flash's bandwidth
> profiler. I am told that some sort of optimization scheme will be in the
> final product, but I am not holding my breath.

If you're at the Flash Forward conference, you'll see the newer builds that
address most (if not all) of your concerns.

| / \ | D a n i e l B r o w n danielbatadobe [dot] com
| / \ | Evangelist, Internet Products Group
| / /\ \ | Adobe Systems Inc. 408 536.3437
| / /_ \ \ | 345 Park Avenue
|/_____|_\__\| San Jose, California 95110-2704

flasher is generously supported by...