Subject: RE: [flasher][OT] Macromedia's stupid banner ad policy
From: JGL
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 18:27:56 -0000

Shockwave I believe is seperate deal now from MM. Shockwave.com revenue is
specifically ad based (again I believe). I can handle that. I don't go to
shockwave.com anyway.

What's really cheesy are the banner ads at macromedia.com. Especially those
stupid ones that look like they have a built in drop down menu and when you
click to drop it down, it takes to the sponsors site.

Plus it's very annoying to have those ads refresh every 30-60 seconds.
Doesn't make it resource that can be left running in the BG when I'm working
on something. I have to shut down MM page because of those stupid ad
refreshes.

macromedia.com should be about macromedia products and support. To me seeing
banner ads at macromedia.com shows mixed priorities. I'm not there to be
exposed to advertising. Gambling sites, Life Insurance, etc. is not why I
visit MM site.

I'm surprised they don't see the distraction here. Banner ads are not
appropriate there.

jgl