Subject: Re: [flasher] Flash 5 error message
From: John Dowdell
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 22:28:29 -0000

At 2:03 PM 3/23/1, ananda bates wrote:
>< html>< DIV>
><P>I created a .fla twice now and when I try to reopen it the following
>day it gives me an error message stating: " This document contains
>embedded objects that were created with the Microsoft Windos version of
>Flash. These embedded objects must be deleted before opening on the
>Macintosh."</P>
><P>Any words of wisdom here. I created it entirely in Flash 5 on a Mac.&nbsp;

That's odd. We usually only see that message when there was an "Insert OLE"
command used in Flash 3 or 4 for Windows. I don't know of a way to produce
it if the file was only ever on a Mac. ...???

(What was OLE, and why? Object Linking and Embedding was a Microsoft
implementation to share data across applications. Even though it isn't
really useful for creating a distributed file, it was implemented in order
to earn the Windows seal of approval. The menu item has been removed in
Flash 5 to reduce the number of people caught by it.)

I'd like to learn more about how to produce this in just a new Mac file,
thanks... it may be incidental file damage, but that symptom presentation
has me baffled, and I can't yet imagine a way to produce it under the
conditions that I understand there, sorry.

jd