Subject: Re: CHALLENGE! Solved.
From: Dave Smith
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 20:01:28 +0100

Colin Moock wrote:

> John C wrote:
>
> >I'm a little confused but it seems your problem may stem from a poor
> >stucturing problem.
>
> >You should make all your layers in the same scene have the same number
> >of frames. Fill in with empty frames. Should look like this:

> >The frames should all line-up on the last frame.
>
> Exactly. I was trying to explore the reason why a bit more, but the
> point ends up being the same. Communication between movies depends on
> it.
>
> But I'm not sure that it's poor structuring not to fill up all layers
> with empty frames: I actually like to kill off a layer if it's no
> longer active.

I dont think this does anything to the size of .swf Just kinda messy.
I always have even frames at end of each scene/movie/animated
symbol,etc.

Once theres a blankkeyframe left on layer it no longer adds size unless
its the only
layer, which then adds 2bytes per frame.

I think Im right on this.

Keep it neat<g>

-DG-