Subject: file size issues
From: Jim Curry
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 18:42:49 +0100

As sort of "king of file sizes", my opinion is that you should keep the
folks amused while the file downloads to the point of interactivity or
at least until the "meat" of the animation begins. Keep em busy and
happy and DON'T disappoint them when the load is done. (period)
I have yet to receive any complaints from anyone when I launch a
presentation in its final form. As anyone who has visited my site can
atest to, most files are rather large..at least 300k. It takes alot of
tweeking on my part to get things as I feel they should be before I
place a link to the file. The museum right now is no where near where
it needs to be before viewing and it will stay that way until its ok.
The wait to do anything is way to long right now without a pleasant
distraction setr up.
Bottomline: Big files are ok is warranted. Keep em busy..happy and
don't disappoint them when its all set to go.
Sorry about preaching here, but I had to throw my two cents in to this
discussion with regard to the discussion of this site:
http://ct.ai.co.za/signposts/intro.html
....I am quiet now............zzzzzzzz
--
Jim Curry :-)
Virtual Curry

jcurryatfuture [dot] dreamscape [dot] com (mailto:jcurryatfuture [dot] dreamscape [dot] com)

----Take The Virtual House Tour:
http://www.dreamscape.com/jcurry/house.html