Subject: RE: Talking about Bandwidth-Some People Are Missing The REAL ISSUE
From: Chris Jester (CTS Technical)
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 19:33:17 +0100

If you go by this theory you will be out of business as a web designer. You
can't force people to go out and get faster modems and connections. By
creating this huge great idea, it will fail. If someone has to wait for your
"great" movie, it will not be great any longer. Why? Because they have to
wait and nothing will flow as you designed to. Unless it is supposed to be
slow and choppy. Don't get me wrong I love Flash and many others. I think
it's the best thing to come along for the internet, however; By creating
projects that end up being slow and massive it will be a turn off for the
end customer.

Look at any major site ie microsoft.com, ibm.com, netscape.com,
macromedia.com, etc... They might use Flash, but the projects are not
massive and tend to small and easy to download. These companies have done
there demographic research and realized that by creating large websites that
are "neat" to look at the end up cutting out a certain portion of there
target audience. Some people don't 'ant to wait for some animation to get
done. They want it quick and easy.

That's my $.02

Jester_boy
"Keep your eyes on the prize!"