Subject: RE: .gif export sizes & source programs
From: Brian Alvey
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 20:16:34 +0100

On Wednesday, May 20, 1998 5:30 PM, John Dowdell
[SMTP:jdowdellatmacromedia [dot] com] wrote:
> At 1:36 PM 5/20/98, Frederic Pierron wrote:
> >What are the best ways to optimize a flash animation converted to
> >gif anim? What are the main steps?
>
> Run it through Fireworks !!!

Hey there everyone -- I'm currently developing a site which will have
three versions: one is regular light HTML (tables and GIFs), another is
Flash and frames and the third is DHTML/4.0+ audience.

My big question is this (ignoring the production nightmare of three sites
with the same content in three different Web formats): What's the best
production tool for making Flash animations?

I use Illustrator and Photoshop all day long.

I own Freehand, but I don't use it (same as Director).

So is Fireworks the best place to start drawing a piece that will end up
in Flash? Is Freehand?

I've done some Flash work but mainly used Illustrator as my sketching app,
then pasted/imported.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

-- Brian