Subject: Re: [FLASH: Flash vs Directory on Interactivity...]
From: Rob Wingate
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 22:36:45 +0100

Sherrie Rausch wrote:

> We're thinking of doing an interactive mini CD; a consultant told
> me that Director was an inappropriate choice, since it was linear

Your consultant is WAY WRONG! Director *can* produce linear
presentations if that's all you need, but you can put cooler
interactivity and functionality into your program using Director than
with any other tool I know (and I've been doing this for several years
now).

> Would Flash suffice or would Authorware be the more
> appropriate vehicle?

Neither. Director is the tool you want. You can get decent results
from Flash & especially Authorware, but Director is much more
comprehensive & versatile. Need help with it? Send me an email.

You need a new consultant!

Good luck,
Rob Wingate

--
** Robert K Wingate, Technical Director **