Subject: Re: [FLASH: Flash vs Directory on Interactivity...]
From: nickolas c
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 07:57:13 +0100

> Sherrie Rausch wrote:
>
> > We're thinking of doing an interactive mini CD; a consultant told
> > me that Director was an inappropriate choice, since it was linear
>

> > Would Flash suffice or would Authorware be the more
> > appropriate vehicle?
>
> Neither. Director is the tool you want. You can get decent results
> from Flash & especially Authorware, but Director is much more
> comprehensive & versatile. Need help with it? Send me an email.

I would have thought the correct answer here would be "depends exactly what
you want to do". The company I work for has just had to produce [technical
reasons] an interactive training package using Director."So what" you say.
Well it took nearly 6 months to program. It takes no more than 6 WEEKS for
me to build the same thing in Authorware.

There are bound to be things that can also be built more quickly in Director
than in Authorware - for example Authorware is less capable (!) at
animations - although there are workarounds.

Sherrie, what exactly are you thinking of putting on the CD?

Nick.