Subject: Re: FLASH: Staten Island Macromedia User Group
From: Wayne Townsend
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 15:17:56 +0100

>Today is the first day for the Staten Island
>Macromedia User Group web site to be online
>(http://www.simmug.com) Please check out the web site
>and send me your comments.

Johnathan,

The fact that you are aparently trying to appeal to the cutting-edge web
designers in this group, and yet you didn't even bother to do the website
in flash, leads me to conclude that this is nothing but more juvenile
marketing hype for OneHostPlus.

I will continue to be offended by your attempts to position yourself as
some web authority, until you show that you have at least some grasp of
modern web design and current tools, and *actually* put them to work in
real life on your own site.

If you can't see the irony in producing a website about modern web
multimedia using old-style, first-generation html, then you are proving my
point. Currently, any designer who associates themselves with your new
"community" would be labeling themselves as clueless, IMHO.

I can't be bothered with this tripe. Please, if you're not going to do it
right, then don't do it at all.

You are riding the success of Flash and other MM products in order to
promote your company OneHostPlus. That would be just dandy and fine with
me if you actually produced the site with the tools you are talking about
and using for publicity!!

Also, why are you opening and advertising a site that *Has No Content*!!?
Who is this site benefiting? Oh, OneHostPlus.

/wayne

>===
>"Some men dream of worthy accomplishments
>While others stay awake and do them"
>
>Johnathan Mark Smith
>
>1HOSTPLUS.COM - Web Hosting Starting at $4.95

-and where are all these worthy accomplishments that you've been loosing so
much sleep over?

Only 8 months left until the year 2000.
Is your website Flash-3 Compliant yet?

Wayne Townsend