Subject: Re: FLASH: A couple of cents............
From: John Norcic at Cicron Consulting Australia
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 18:15:28 +0100

I kinda agree with you in one aspect but not in another.

Unfortunatley due to limitations - usually mental - many people (im talking
about average websurfers) do not understand the concept of Flash, or the
true creative input it takes to develop ideas into marketable solutions. One
thing that needs to be bridged is the perception of design. At what point
does one conclude that what someone has created is purposeful or not. Lets
back up a little and remember that both static images or vector type
graphics are an artform. You know, we all dont just create things for a
general public. Much of the work done by the people in the list is a form of
expression, and through this creative expression skills are both compared
and refined. Personal achievement is still big in my books.

On the other hand I dont think I'd have a website, that was made entirely of
Flash. I like to give people the option of movin on through with what they
got, and Ill even go as far as saying that that a majority probably wouldnt
know how to install the plugin, (Ive worked for a ISP doing over the phone
tech supp - scary).

But to brighten your perspective on Flash - and the people that find it
useful. I just got a new contract with one of the top 5 international
companies to do some Flash work- for a online launch of a new software
product and there over the moon. Organisations are now wanting to impress
there clients with how dynamic they are - and lucky for me and the people in
this list, they can achieve this.

Regards,
John