Subject: Re: FLASH: Distribute shockwave plugins
From: John Dowdell
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 00:12:17 +0100

At 9:37 AM 5/7/99, Jose Manuel wrote:
>Can I distribute these plugins free ?
>How can I get the plugin for IE avoiding the autoinstall process ?

See the Shockwave Licensing Page, linked via the Shockwave FAQ, in the
Shockwave Download Center.

Recap: Anyone can freely install their own copies of the Flash and
Shockwave Players... just visit the Macromedia site in your desired
browser. They're also installed on new machines, are available on your
operating system CDs, browser CDs, etc.
If you wish to license an set of installers for your own use (as with an
intranet which cannot access the Macromedia site) then you can license
these for redistribution. It's much easier to just go online and install
with the default method, though.

jd