Subject: FLASH: Symbols and Netscape help
From: James Jendrzejewski
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 06:06:09 +0100

Good day,
    I am having problems with the symbols in a movie. It is my understanding that if I edit a symbol in the library it will change all the instances of that symbol. I have attempted to erase a symbol and replace it with something totally different. It will not change the instances of that symbol on the stage.  Is there something wrong, something else I must do, or am I misunderstanding the book?
    Also, when I export the movie and generate the HTML from Aftershock I find that the alternate gif frame that I set gets placed at the bottom of the movie when viewing in Netscape, but does not appear when I view in IE. Any Ideas?
    The structure of my page consists of a menu in levels of tutorials that can be viewed individually or if choosing a higher order they would play in succession. Is it wise to use scenes or would it be best to load a new movie for each one or use goto commands with movie clips?
    Okay last item.....What is the general rule for modem testing and preloaders? I would like everyone to have a T1 connection (including me) but I have been testing in 28.8 hoping that there aren't too many 14.4's out there anymore.
Thanks,

James Jendrzejewski
jenskiatmindspring [dot] com

http://www.auburn.edu/~jendrja/chestudentweb