Subject: Re: FLASH: flash in director prob
From: John Dowdell
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 23:38:38 +0100

At 11:03 AM 5/10/99, Yann wrote of wanting to know how to have a message
from a Flash sprite pause the hosting Director movie.

It's not clear to me whether you're making the Director movie, or your
knowledge of Director. This would have to shade any reply.

As Taylor noted, you can use a GetURL address of "event: SomeCommand" to
pass a "SomeCommand" message out to Director. (More info on this subject is
in the D6.5/D7 documentation.)

Although there is a "pause" command in Lingo, it's a very old one, and as
the Dictionary advises it's only there to support older projects. You'd
instead likely want to loop on that one frame.

Matter of fact, you'd likely want to do that anyway... if you're relying on
a Flash movie to show completely before advancing in Director, then you'd
likely have Director be looping anyway. In other words, I'm not sure how
you'd get into the situation where you'd need what you're asking for...
guess I don't really understand the actual question, sorry.

jd