Subject: Re: FLASH: F-3 freehand tools stopped working (Mac)
From: G. Jefferson
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 11:47:47 +0100

>> Suddenly, all Flash's freehand tools -- brush, pencil, eraser, lasso,
>> just create a straight line from the point where I click the mouse
>> to the top left corner of the screen.
>
> Sounds like the Wacom driver conflict... here's the link:
> http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/documents/wacom_line.htm
>

> jd

Thanks, John,

I disabled my Wacom control panel, and Flash works just fine again. HOWEVER,
I have been using Flash 3 with my Wacom Ultrapad ever since I bought your
wonderful application. It worked perfectly until yesterday, and then BAM!

I checked the technote on the Macromedia site and found that my control
panel setting were as they should be, and I don't have an Intuos tablet, I
have an UltraPad, and the control panel version # is 2.5.5 (I'm not sure if
there's any other Wacom stuff in there; no extension, just a control panel,
as far as I can see)

I guess that like most Wacom owners, I love my pen more than I love my
mouse. Help.

Since my Wacom pad and its software predate Flash-3, would I be wrong in
thinking the fix ought to come from Macromedia? :)

Gareth.