Subject: Re: FLASH: a bug when using scenes with flash?!
From: suzy
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 10:13:20 +0100

dear -e,

if you're using scenes for lightweight stuff (basic linear navigation using
buttons to advance from scene to scene), then hold your head high and use
scenes without guilt.

nevertheless, popular consensus by wiser Flash gurus of this list show that
scenes are toxic when combined with movie clips and the more volatile tell
target tricks. scenes and tell target do not mix.

maybe it's not a bug, just bad chemistry. good luck.

/suzy

>I'm really in a bit of jam here. I tried inserting a scene right before my
>main movie to designate as my preloader. Once I did insert a new scene,
>however, I tested my movie and a few of the movie clips in the main movie
>started acting erractically. These were movie clips that were supposed to
>be triggered by tell target buttons on the stage. I don't know what the
>problem is. As soon as I deleted the scene, the movie clips acted fine. If I
>can remember correctly, a while back there was a bit of discussion about a
>bug in Flash regarding scenes. Can someone please give me some advice as to
>what to do? Is this a bug? I was really counting on using scenes to
>separate the different sections on my site. Now I feel helpless and like I
>can't continue building.
>
>-e

s u z y

"fuck art, let's dance!"