Subject: FLASH: UCON99 Mini-Marathon
From: Byer, Mark
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 15:04:07 +0100

Flashers,
I'm going to UCON '99 and just received a notice regarding the Masters of
the Web Macromedia Mini-Marathon on Tuesday, May
25th. This is a competition where up to 15 teams of up to four people each
will compete to develop a complete web site for a local (San Fran) charity.
The winning team will get iMac computers plus laurels, etc. The only caveat
is that all work will be done on Macromedia products.

I am an expert level HTML/DHTML/CSS/JavaScript coder (mostly GoLive but also
Dreamweaver) with beginning level Flash experience. One of our nationally
recognized award winning designers is also going to UCON, but he has no
experience with any Macromedia product. Each team can be up to four people.
I'm looking for as many as three other people to team up with (the designer
will join if there is a space open).

So, are any of you Flashers going to UCON '99? Are you planning to be
available Tuesday night from 8 pm until 2 am? Would you be interested in
forming a team to represent the Flasher List? You may get some national
recognition and a free iMac if you win, worst case is we have a ton-o-fun
for six hours, help out a worthy charity and make some new friends along the
way!

<excerpt source="UCON '99 Competition notice">
This exciting event, a 6 hour Web design competition for charity will give
you the opportunity to develop a portion of a Web site for an initiative of
CHALK - Communities In Harmony Advocating for Learning and Kids. This
tremendous San Francisco based organization uses technology to empower and
educate youth through innovative employment programs.
</excerpt>

Mark Byer
Sr. Communications Analyst
Carlson Marketing Group