Subject: Re: FLASH: MC & Command passing...
From: Russell E. Unger
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 20:13:29 +0100

Hi Marc...thanks for the info. This is working...but I'm hitting a snag.
Not 100% definable on it yet, but I'll get back as to what's going on.

>I'm confused: isn't the MC already moving? If it's in a loop, OnRelease

The MC moves...but I have a stop command within it so that the end user can
view the information presented to them.

>can TellTarget the mc to go to a frame beyond the loop:
>
>OnRelease
> TellTarget
> Target: /MCinstanceName
> GoTo and Play
> Frame label: "move-on"
> End TellTarget
>End (On)

This worked...something odd is happening where it's almost as if...no, wait.
I've actually solved through this, I think. (actually going to go try this,
but I feel compelled to let everyone know...as if this is a streaming
email...)

Yeah, got it....I hadn't "deleted" the MC from the score, so it was looping
back around. Confuse a simp like me. Go figure.

>>and at the last frame of the MC, I want it to <somehow> pass a command
along
>>to the Main Movie that will have it move forward to the next frame/label,
>If the main timeline is stopped, put a frame action in the mc:
>
>TellTarget
> Target: /
> Play
>End TellTarget

This worked like a Dream, Marc. Now, let me paraphrase this back to you so
that I can ensure that I actually grasp what that is saying.

The TellTarget described above basically says "Okay, I'm in the MC. Tell
the MAIN MOVIE (Target: /) to PLAY in it's current frame where it is
stopped."

Correctomundo? I think so.

Thank you tremendously...Kevin's walked me through some of the TT stuff I've
had trouble with, and he credits you tremendously for a lot of your sharing
of info.

It's a great feeling to leave work at the end of the day and feel like
you've learned something...regardless of the hangover you started the day
with (yesterday).

I think I'll go write a TT Tutorial soon...

Russ