Subject: Re: FLASH: MC & Command passing...
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 18:32:26 +0100

At 11:58 AM 5/12/99 -0500, you wrote:

>In the movie, I want to give a "stop" command

Just use a frame action Stop in a frame where the MC is present.

> and allow the MC to continue
>to play. Then, upon an OnRelease command, I want the MC itself to move-on,

I'm confused: isn't the MC already moving? If it's in a loop, OnRelease
can TellTarget the mc to go to a frame beyond the loop:

OnRelease
TellTarget
Target: /MCinstanceName
GoTo and Play
Frame label: "move-on"
End TellTarget
End (On)

>and at the last frame of the MC, I want it to <somehow> pass a command along
>to the Main Movie that will have it move forward to the next frame/label,

If the main timeline is stopped, put a frame action in the mc:

TellTarget
Target: /
Play
End TellTarget