Subject: Re: FLASH: Ready, more or less...
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 01:54:08 +0100

At 11:46 AM 5/12/99 +0200, you wrote:

>In a new layer I have placed 7 new blank keyframes (for the heavy pages
>I want to load) in a row with a little spacing between them, one of each
>containing a Load Movie-action assigned to the actual absolute URL, and
>with levels from 1 to 7.
>
>In each button the Instance Properties look like this:
>
>On (Release)
>Get URL - the actual absolute URL
>Begin Tell target Target: - (target:_level1)
>Play
>End tell target
>End On
>
>and so on to the last, that accordingly have: Begin Tell target
>Target: - (target:_level7)
>
>...and it doesn�t work!...What I am doing wrong here?
>(When I added Stop Actions in the "target" movie, like you said, it
>didn�t play at all. It stopped)

Hi Lena.

I've kept your post a couple of days and am not sure if you got through
this problem yet. One thing, I'm not clear what the effect is that you're
seeking -- is each movie supposed to complete playing before the next one
begins?

If you put a stop action in a movie, you then have to tell it to play when
it is time. This is done through TellTarget. Just putting load movies
sequentially in the timeline, however, does not ensure they will load in
time -- in fact, unless you hold up the main timeline, it will keep playing
at the normal frame rate, beginning each load movie as it encounters the
Load Movie action, but it certainly won't finish loading each one in the
span of one frame play. Furthermore, the order in which the movies
complete loading will be unpredictable if you don't restrict loading to one
movie at a time.

Let us know how this is proceeding and what you're trying to make it do,
and I or someone else here can help you.

Marc Hoffman