Subject: FLASH: Tween loads and Sounds..
From: Jefferis
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 16:11:42 +0100

flasher-digest

>Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 00:54:53 -0400
>From: John Croteau <croteauaterols [dot] com>
>Subject: Re: FLASH: MARC***: Tweening Loads repost
>
>Hi Jeff,
>
>> http://www.PetersonSales.net/flashintro.html
>Finally had a quick look at your ship animation.
>You are skipping frames it appears and trhat is likely because the music
>is set to stream. This will cause the animation to skip frames in the
>animation to allow the sound to play without sound problems, dropping
>animation frames to keep the sound running without fail.

Thanks John, for your great advice. Can you clue me in on the basic
difference between start, even and stream in using sounds? I know stream
is supposed to play till the sound ends... I am more interested in
getting the sounds to STOP on time than starting, which they seem to have
no problem doing.

I've found that even when using loops and trying to use the sound control
panel and link the end of the sound to the last frame in the scene, the
sounds still sometimes continue to play after the point I have told them
to stop...

Jeff

Peterson Sales
Web Design and Marketing