Subject: Re: FLASH: Please Test New Flash Ad
From: unique
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 16:26:55 +0100

Wayne Townsend wrote:

> Hi Gang,
>
> If you get a minute, Please test this Flashed AD and let me know how it flows.
>
> http:/www.webstaffing.net/ypay

>From a proofreader's point of view:

(1) "alright" is a non-standard form for "all right". Some people even regard it
as a thorough misspelling, and even take offense to its usage. Nobody I know
personally, of course ... ;-)

(2) Where you have "But which Provider ...", your w and h in "which" need to be
kerned apart. Otherwise text looks great.

(3) Usage of capitalization: what you're *sorta* doing is employing "headline
style" capitalization. BUT, believe it or not, there are exact standards for how
to do this.

Care to know what they are?

I'll tell ya anyway:

(From Chicago Manual of Style:)

(a) Capitalize the first and last words.
(b) Capitalize all nouns, adjectives, verbs, adverbs, and subordinate
conjunctions.
(c) Lowercase all articles (the, a, an), coordinate conjunctions (and, or, for,
nor) and prepositions ... unless they are the first or last words of the
"headline".
(d) Lowercase the *to* in infinitives.

There ya go!

Ken Sherwood