Subject: Re: FLASH: Giving out source files
From: Jim Curry
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 12:01:08 +0100

My two cents: I keep source (fla) files. I retain ownership/copyright
on art created (ie a dog, a cake etc..) unless otherwise discussed. The
pieces also have my name on them. I can use any character as long as
it isn't associated with the client's logo or name for other projects.
The price would go up dramatically if I surrender the source file and
give up the right to use any of the art again. This has worked well so
far. I admit that I have had only 2 clients (Time Warner(one project)
and Microsoft (five plus projects), but I really just do freelance on an
occasional basis. The people I have worked with have been very cool
about it.
JC

--
Jim Curry :-)
Virtual Curry

jcurry1attwcny [dot] rr [dot] com (mailto:jcurry1attwcny [dot] rr [dot] com)
The Virtual Curry Gallery is filled with fun, entertaining, and
interactive pieces. Be sure to try out the new PaintBall Flash
Game for 1 or 2 players.
http://home.twcny.rr.com/jcurry/gallery.html