Subject: Re: FLASH: tell_target in main timeline
From: David Gary
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 00:59:47 +0100

> At 06:32 PM 5/18/99 -0400, you wrote:
> >I have a MC (a) in the main timeline that is stopped using a TT on a button,
> >which also plays another MC (b) which has buttons in it. The last button
> >returns you to the main timeline again and I would like for the MC (a) that
> >I stopped using the button to begin playing again, almost like it was paused
> >while the MC (b) played. I am trying to assign a TT on that last button that
> >will start playing /a again but it is not working. Do I need something more
> >than the / or what?
> >
> >Mike Krisher

Create the button itself in a MC. Then in the MC copy the button in the second
frame and apply a "graphic"
behavior. That way you can TT to the button MC to turn it's active state off and
back on again. You can also
apply a TT action in the button's MC to talk to your main timeline's MC

i.e.= TT /maintimeline's MC

-DG-

-David Gary-
Interactive Media Producer/Designer
http://www.davidgarystudios.com
dgarystudiosatmpinet [dot] net (mailto:dgarystudiosatmpinet [dot] net)