Subject: Re: FLASH: About Flash in Sweden and perception
From: David Gary
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 01:37:22 +0100

Wayne Townsend wrote:

> >I would love to hear other developer comments on the issue.
>
> >Ive seen Stock brokers on the net using flash. huh?
> >Flash, IMHO, should be used for dynamic internet presentations for products,
> >services, and entertainment purposes(i.e. games, etc.) nothing else. Flash(at
>
> >the moment) was not intended to contain large databases.
>
> Bolderdash!
>
> Flash is the second-generation standard way to present information. Period.
>
> Databases? Sure. Why not?
>
> Think of load movie. Think of Flash Generator.

Load movie and generator is too high maintenance for large database organization
unless the company has a high
budget to compensate for using Flash. Text for text, HTML is much more effective
and efficient than flash.

Flash+large database = Flash & frames

> Effective loading is key. Sure. But that's an issue with the developer,
> not the program, IMHO.
>
> C'mon David, I know you have the ability to think out-of-the-box. Why
> restrict what Flash is for? People are finding new ways to use it everyday.

Yup, of course, but given your expert knowledge in Flash, you have to admit,
Wayne, it is not for everyone.

-DG-

-David Gary-
Interactive Media Producer/Designer
http://www.davidgarystudios.com
dgarystudiosatmpinet [dot] net (mailto:dgarystudiosatmpinet [dot] net)