Subject: Re: FLASH: Mac IE position of .fla too low
From: Colin Moock
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 07:31:03 +0100

flasheratshocker [dot] com,Internet writes:
>I can't figure out why my flash appears too low on the page when viewed in
>Mac MIE but not in Netscape.
>Anyone run into this?
yup. note that it's only been a problem on IE4.5 for me, not IE3 (mac). i
took about 15 minutes last week to try all the various combinations of
single-frame framesets and body attributes i could imagine, but couldn't fix
the problem. so far, the browser window filling approach i have outlined at:
colinmoock.iceinc.com/webdesign/flash/fillthewindow.html
is susceptible to the problem. IE4.5 on mac only is the only browser with
this behaviour (!never said *that* before...).

one strangeness to note is that if the movie is set to fill the whole window,
IE4.5 places it after the gap, causing a scrollbar to appear and the bottom
of the movie to get cut off the bottom of the screen. however, if you scroll
down, the movie fits perfectly. i have heard of a really ugly hack that
detects ie4.5 on mac and scrolls the page down 1000 pixels with javascript.
yuck.

anyone else have any thoughts/experiences?

colin

--
sig files are for newbies
~mike linkovich