Subject: RE: FLASH: About Flash in Sweden and perception
From: Yann
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 15:33:58 +0100

>According to the Internet Movie Database (www.imdb.com), the top ten
>grossing movies of all time are:
>
>1) Titanic
>2) Jurassic Park
>3) Independance Day
>4) Star Wars
>5) Lion King
>6) E.T.
>7) Forrest Gump
>8) Jurassic Park: Lost World
>9) Men In Black
>10) Armegeddon
>
>How many of these had fantastic special effects? Actually every one of them.
>How many had solid plots? That's a matter of opinion but even if we agree
>Jurassic Park or Independance Day had solid plots were they really that much
>better than Shindler's List (58), The English Patient (117), Good Will
>Hunting (121) or Philedelphia (143)? (Note that these last four rate below
>Terminator II: Judgement Day (14) and Jaws (19)! So much for the solid plot
>theory.)
For my grain of salt I think I know why movie with big special effect
and medium plot work better than movie with more plot and less special
effect. The reason is, of all the movie about very one of then give a
trill to the audience, everyone of them take a shot at our primal emotion
and to do so they us special effect. Most of them (Jp, Id, Armegeddon)
make fear their primal subject, and the audience like to be entertain
when they go to the movie, but (as it is the case for me) all the plot
movie will be seen by everyone who saw the big blockbuster, but they
won't go see it at the movie because it has the same impact on a small or
big screen. You can say that the ID alien ship is very impress on 13
inche monitor ;-).

So what we have to learn is the use what the web can give us and try to
make it the most entertainning experience you can give (best exemple when
gabocorp first came out).

So that my grain of salt :-)

Yann

ps : If you see error in my texte please be gentle with me I'm
french-candian and I really write in english :-)