Subject: Re: FLASH: colision detection
From: John Croteau
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 22:43:19 +0100

Hi Armando,

> with several layers (levels) but I still didn't figure out how the hell we
> can do colision detection on Flash.
> My first thought is that maybe it is just a very carefull synchronization
> between movie clips but I still can't imagine a way of doing it.
There is only one interactive element in Flash 3 and that is butoons.
Use of visible and invisible buttons is the only way to do this.
Director is much better than Flash 3 for creating complicated games
because it includes many build in functions and a very robust language
(Lingo).
In any case colision detect can be done in Flash with buttons. The key
is one of the objects is really the mouse and you use the mouse over or
click to trigger the 'colision'.