Subject: Re: FLASH: bored on Fri night?
From: Wayne Townsend
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 07:15:44 +0100

>OK, so you're right -- if I had a life, I would not be here lending a hand.
>
>Lexus Ad (1) The "Lexus Is" ad has a problem with color shift in the
>background of the graphic at the lower left where the car zooms in -- just
>enough off that it shows up as a block against the background, which, I
>assume, was not the plan.

Arrg! Thx Bonnie.
Back to PS I go. See if I can fix that.

>That graphic also requires me to scroll down to
>see all of it. I really like the way the ad works, though I am not sure that
>I would start out with the X-Ray view of the car as the default -- the other
>photos are gorgeous, as car ad photos always are.

They're all MCs so I could do any one of them to start out with. So, I'm
guessing you'd like the external 3D better to start out with?

>Also about initial
>capitalization -- in the feature section -- you should make the word Style
>initial capped in Chronograph-Style and Projector-Style. (Actually, I think
>it looks classier and more modern just to car the first letter in the first
>word in the phrase.)

Ok.

>(2) I'd take the period out of the end of the headline about NOT A HAIR OUT
>OF PLACE.

Ok.

LOVE the colors page, but it does seem that there is a squiggle
>that appears in the door panel when it goes to green -- at least on my
>monitor. Is the wording about the color and trim visible on Macs? It's
>pretty tiny on my PC.

Hmmm. What? Ok I'll have another look at that.

>(3) Initial cap rules mean that it should read: "Music, Gourmet Cuisine, and,
>of course,
>Little Orange Cones." I, however, would do it as:
>
>No Lexus would be complete without
>music, gourmet cuisine, and, of course,
>little orange cones . . .

I took it from their text. Not sure I can change it, but I'll see.

>Note also that in ad 2, you do not use the serial comma (the comma before the
>"and" in a series -- "thrilling blend of Lexus design, precision engineering
>and, of course, the elegance of a Thoroughbred." (Note that the breed
>Thoroughbred should technically be capitalized.) Anyhow, either add a comma
>after "engineering" in ad two, or drop the comma after cuisine in ad 3,
>particularly if they are part of the same campaign.
>
>BTW -- copious trunk? Spacious -- not copious. Trust me. It's nuance and
>those who pay for a Lexus know nuance.

One thing about it Bonnie, you *are* complete! Thanks for that - well, I
asked for it didn't I. I'll see about getting these changes made. Thanks
for your time. Much appreciated. If ever I can return the favor, just ask.

ATB,

/w

Only 8 months left until the year 2000.
Is your website Flash-3 Compliant yet?