Subject: Re: FLASH: preloader
From: A g
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 13:19:40 +0100

At 13:36:12 22/05/99 +0200 you wrote

>Oh yes, me too, same problems...
>

> >can someone please help me I was wondering how to set up a flash movie to
> >pre load so it runs smoother. Also, if possible have one of those
>"Please
> >Wait Loading" screens while it is doing the preloading. I can't seem to
> >find how to do it. Thanks and God bless :)

It is possible to loop the first 1-4 frames of your movie with a "Movie
Put "If Frame Is loaded - Goto and Play Frame4" in Frame 2(say once frame 50
is loaded for instance) and label it "Check1". In frame 3 put a Goto and
Play frame label:"check1". In frame 4 label it Frame4. The movie will then
loop between the two frames until frame 50
has been loaded - then it will goto and play Frame4 without a streaming
problem.

In Frame 2 have the "Movie loading please wait" symbol, and in frame 5 have
the symbol fade out to transparent in time for the rest of the movie to kick
in.

Hope this works
Ag