Subject: RE: FLASH: question about jonninitro
From: Robert Cummins
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 15:59:22 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrea Rizzi [SMTP:Andrea [dot] Rizziatstarlink [dot] it]
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 1999 7:34 AM
To: flasheratshocker [dot] com
Subject: FLASH: question about jonninitro

Hi all,
i need to produce a video such as jonninitro.
But i dont understand the way for trasform a black&white gif in
vector for
flash.
I dont want import gif image in flash, i want traduce, with another
program,
raster image (only black and white) in vector image.

Hmm.. well, I know flash has tracing capabilities of its own. If you
break apart an
Image, then select modify>trace bitmap, it will trace the bitmap.
This can produce
Quite large vector images, however. I suspect if you can get an avi
& increase the
contrast, and remap it to very stark shades of black & white
(possibly in premiere
or after effects?- DV is not really my thing) and then out put it
as a sequence of GIFs,
you could trace them one by one. Also, if you save them in a
numerical sequence
(i.e. 0001.gif, 0002.gif, etc), when you import them Flash will see
that it is a sequence
and create frames & import the full sequence. That saves quite a
bit of time.

Hope that helps a bit.

Alias|Rob

Anybody have some ideas for do this?
Thanks
Andrea

The information contained in this electronic mail message is confidential. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, copying, dissemination or disclosure of this information is strictly prohibited.