Subject: Re: FLASH: New to list : >>Animation Check?
From: John Hughes
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 13:07:27 +0100

Hi there

I'm new to this list too (lurking about for a similar period). I too am
impressed with all the info. Thanks everybody.

Jason, I liked your animations, very perceptive. I am guessing that it's the
sound that makes the file sizes so big - correct me if I am wrong. I am a
musician/songwriter/artist thingy rather than a designer or programmer but I
like to experiment with different things and I guess that's why I'm here.
Obviously, I'm quite interested in sound with Flash and I know what's upcoming
but have you looked at linking Beatnik with Flash for your audio requirements.
It's very flexible and the RMF format can sometimes offer massive savings in
file size. Take a look at http://www.beatnik.com. It does require yet another
plug in but I believe it is becoming pretty widespread and being supplied with
new browsers etc.

Hope I'm helping

John H