Subject: Re: FLASH: Newbie ??
From: Mary Brzys
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 21:17:34 +0100

Hi Frances,

It sounds like you need to add a stop on the level 2 buttons themselves, not in
the main timeline but on the individual button movies themselves.

Say for instance I've made 3 buttons, and on the mouseOver they have spinning
flames coming off of them. Now I've created a movie of the spinning flame, and in
the movie of the spinning flame at the end of it's timeline I put a stop, it only
runs once, not over and over again. I place this movie inside the button I've
created so on mouseOver it has a spinning flame, and shows up every time I
mouseOver those buttons. It will probably show up when I go to mouseDown because
I'm sitting over that button, but on mouseDown or MouseClick, lets' say it
fizzles out, like the flame goes out! Interesting idea eh? What a kewl sound
effect that would be!
I hope that helps!

Mary Brzys

--