Subject: FLASH: Interactive Rollovers
From: Tony Stubbs
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 21:32:38 +0100

okay, here's what i'm trying to do. i want to be able to rollover some links
and have them turn a different color, as well as shoot subtopics out to the
left upon rollover. i want to be able to then move my mouse out the left,
and select one of the subtopics, which in turn turns a different color upon
rollover. If i decide not to select one of the subtopics, and instead move
my mouse down to the next main link, these subtopics shoot back in, and a
new set of sublinks shoot out from the main link i now am on. and so on and
so on.

here's what i have done (which isn't working). I have a button sitting on my
stage. when i rollover the button, a movieclip is targeted that causes
sub-topics (more buttons) to shoot out to the side. when i roll away from
the button, those sub-topics shoot back in. in order to achieve this, i have
created a very wide hit area on my main button, which allows me to move my
cursor far enough to the left so i can reach the new subtopics without them
shooting back in. however, that pre-empts the subtopic buttons from changing
color when i rollover them, unless i move the subtopic movieclip ABOVE the
main button in my layers. the problem then is that the hit area for the main
button is no longer reachable. SO, it's a catch 22. when can i do? please
help me...i feel like i am missing something.

dallas

flasher is generously supported by...