Subject: RE: FLASH: General role of Flash in webdesign...
From: Damian Morton
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 20:21:49 +0100

The real question is 'does my flash need webdesign'. The fragmented nature
of current browser technologis leads to a lowest common denominator
approach, in which only prevalent features can be used. As a result, much
javascript, and many of the more usefull and advanced features of HTML arent
practical to use. Any feature of flash is pretty much gauranteed to work, no
matter what view platform is used. Cross-platform development is such a pain
in the arse, its no wonder that people are attracted to using Flash. Do we
really need to develop for a plethora of browsers, the unified set of
features of which is patchy, ineffective and incomplete? No thank you. Id
rather develop in Flash entirely - its not perfect, but at least I know that
what I develop will work everywhere and I dont have to have an
encyclopediaic knowlege of browsers, versions and platforms.