Subject: Re: FLASH: flasheratshocker [dot] com
From: Nigel Randsley-Pena
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 14:40:50 GMT

Eric,

I don't think you're being ignored, it's just that people here answer on
the basis of what they know. Your question lacks some background
information and looking up your earlier post doesn't shed much more
light.
As I understand it you're using Flash wrapped in some other software ??,
and you want a button that will close the Flash window ??. Is that it ?
If so we would need to know what the other software is and how Flash is
being used.
As for the second matter, the slowing down of the animation, first
establish a minimum target configuration, you say you're working for a
PC app only so this could be anything from 286 CPU with Win3 to a Dual
PentiumII with Win32 for example, also define the connection speed. Once
you've established this test your movie, does it slow down ?, does it
stream properly? If so your work is done, if not you'll have to
optimize whatever is causing the blocking. Is it stream related or frame
rate related ? Both problems can be corrected but without knowing the
exact nature of the problem no good answer can be given.
P.S. : As John Dowdell said only some days ago, if you do have a
pressing problem that needs solving you can always use Macromedia's tech
help system. I've never used it myself but I do understand it is very
good.