Subject: Re: FLASH: How'd they do that? (loading...)
From: Rusty Worden
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 02:36:24 +0000 (GMT)

It is my best guess-timation that it has either been simulated or Javascript is being used. There may be other ways but I am unaware of them. If there is another way please let me know. They would come in very handy.

At 12:58 AM 11/1/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Ok, I've checked out the sample "If Frame Loaded" movie and I understand
>how that works, but what I don't understand is how people set up progress
>bars for loading scenes. Are they loading the graphics into invisible
>frames so that they are preloaded when you want to display them? Or is
>there some kind of "percent loaded" function that I'm unaware of?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Tommy D'Aquino
>
>DAQ Productions
>http://www.fred.net/tommydaq
>
>"He'll pinch my cheek. I hate it when he does that!"
> - Billy (the Princess Bride)

Check out this url: <http://www.lostgen.com>http://www.lostgen.com
Rusty Worden
Webmaster
Cisco Systems
408-527-7587

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming like the
passengers in his car.