Subject: Re: FLASH: Talking to non Flash frames
From: Erik 'Gearik' Mattheis
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 16:24:33 +0000 (GMT)

That seems like a cool idea, but the best way that occurs to me to work it
out would be to do it backwards - have the Flash movie control the swapping
of the gifs. That way you would avoid the possibility of the script loading
a new .swf file before it's done playing:

Instaed of just loading the flash file into it's frameset, load another
frameset which contains a hidden frame in which you could call .js files
that would swap the gifs in the header frame at certain points in the
timeline.

Like if you wanted to perform a function in the "header" frame called imgOn
for an image named "home" in the first document in the frameset, the whole
.js file would be

top.frames[0].imgOn('home')

or perhaps you could use javascript: parent.frames[0].imgOn('home') as the
url, that would actually be better.

Get it?