Subject: RE: FLASH: Targetting a movie clip inside a button
From: Len Harrison
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 19:49:33 +0000 (GMT)

Hi John,

Really appreciate your input and help. Actually I'm doing something like
this, but I still have the N baseline buttons. Just seemed easier. They go
inside a clip with -(3-N) labels and are instantiated in each label segment
as N buttons, N-1 buttons, etc. down to 3 buttons. The label segment enabled
is driven by a control clip one level down which also handles the actions on
the buttons. Coming out of the top level buttons, I've got two levels of
tree control in which the labels *are* handled through movie clips. Button
code for these is also handled indirectly through control clips. All text is
referenced back to a set of txt symbols so our localization crew can
translate as needed. All visuals are referenced back to a set of atomic
symbols. Change those to change the look without touching the object itself.
Object is drag and drop pluggable. You just code the control clip. Seems to
work.

thanks again,

len harrison
instructional designer