Subject: RE: FLASH: rough movie part II. - site check --- (Opinions...)
From: Quinn Merio
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 18:29:02 +0000 (GMT)

Just a couple things, strictly from a design point of view:

In the Skills and Experience and Objectives section: The blue and green boxes detract a little from the text. Mostly, the part of the box that crossed directly through "Quark Xpress 4" . Remember that the information is most important and that the graphic elements should complement the text, not obscure it. What you may try doing is either dropping the alpha of the boxes a little more so that they fade into the bg more. Or, as well, you could make the stroke on the boxes much more broad. Thin lines and text often can clash. At least you ought to move the box down a bit so that it doesn't create strike-through text. It looks here almost like "Quark 4.." was an error and was crossed out.

In the same section: I am not sure what the "1998" is that appears on the mouse over. Is this going to be a hyperlink? It doesn't go anywhere... and on the other pages too. I assume that you want that to be kind of "pop up" information. I would avoid using a button hit area unless it has a link. (When my cursor turns into a little hand I am prone to clicking, and when nothing happens, I get confused.)

I really liked the Outlined cap letter that rotates w/ the outline box at the intro to each section. Good treatment of your text elements as well.

The splash graphic on your main html page is tr�s cool!

OH, I liked your java basics page, by the way. Very nicely put for a programmer novice like myself!

I, also am a volleyball freak! Love to spike and dig!

cheers,
quinn