Subject: FLASH: Layered buttons & sounds
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 16:47:05 +0000 (GMT)

I'm having trouble executing an idea and could use some help. My thought
was to have a button which, when moused over, would play three layered
sounds. The first sound would start at the perimeter of the button, the
second sound would be added as the mouse got halfway to the center, the
third sound would be added as the mouse got close to the center, and the
sounds would be subtracted one at a time as the mouse moved away.

I tried stacking three buttons of diminishing size, each with its own
sound, to accomplish this. I tried different combinations of
small-to-large and large-to-small, and different combinations of Track As
Button and Track As Menu Item. None allowed all three sounds to function
correctly. I also tried putting the buttons inside a movie clip and on the
main timeline, and I tried putting the sounds in a movie clip where each
sound entered at a different labeled frame which was then called by the
buttons on the main timeline.

The farthest I got was to have two sounds behave correctly. Anyone have
any ideas here?

Marc Hoffman

View my Flash3 work: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/sampler>.
Play a virtual marimba: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog>.
Find out where my band performs: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/littlebird>.
Complain about self-promoting email signatures:
<marchofatjps [dot] net (subject: complaint) (mailto:marchofatjps [dot] net?subject=complaint)>