Subject: Re: FLASH: Layered buttons & sounds
From: John Croteau
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 22:13:03 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Marc and all,

> I'm having trouble executing an idea and could use some help. My thought
> was to have a button which, when moused over, would play three layered
> sounds. The first sound would start at the perimeter of the button, the
> second sound would be added as the mouse got halfway to the center, the
> third sound would be added as the mouse got close to the center, and the
> sounds would be subtracted one at a time as the mouse moved away.

The basic setup is a two frame Movie Clip.
In the first frame place 4 concentric buttons.
0, 1, 2, 3
Place the first Event sound in Button 1, second in 2 and third in 3.
In Button zero place either a Stop All Sounds or 3 Sound Stop events.
When the button 3 is moused over you will have a Go to Action to the
Second Frame.

The Second frame will also have 4 buttons.
Frame 3 will habve a button that has no Sound function.
Frame 2 will have a Stop Sound 3 Action.
Frame 1 will have Stop Sounds 2 and 3.
Frame 0 will have either a Stop All sounds or Stop Sounds 1, 2, and
3.

Note, refinements to this can be made by using nested Movie Clips to
control the Sound Stops if needed. Most likely most of the buttons will
be invisble especially in the Up mode. I have only described the audio
portions. Visual elements can be included in the Buttons or in a Movie
Clip controlled from the buttons. This could end up being very
complicated but it is very possible.

Need a PC ? -- Computer King --
http://www.crownmall.com/computers/